Monarch Institute1300 738 955 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Diploma Financial Planning
What does the Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning course involve?
To further your career in the financial services industry, the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning provides you with more in-depth skill-sets and technical knowledge that will open doors to better job opportunities and career options. Completion of the Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning provides a pathway to a university qualification.
The Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning is a nationally accredited course covering:
ADFP 1 – Advanced Investments
- What is investment risk?
- Risk and diversification
- How to measure risk
- Understanding correlation coefficients
- Measures of risk adjusted returns
- Valuation of shares
- Valuation of bonds
- Introduction to derivatives
- Futures contracts
- Options contracts
- Application of investment principles in financial planning
ADFP 2 – Estate Planning
- Creating a will
- Role of the executor
- Client needs and estate planning
- Powers of attorney
- The rights of beneficiaries
- Administration of an estate
- Trusts and estate planning
- Taxation and estate planning
- Provision of advice
- Application of estate planning principles in financial planning
ADFP 3 – Social Security & Taxation Planning
- Australian social security system
- Income test and assets test
- Social security and income streams
- Pensions and allowances
- Eligibility for the age pension
- Taxation and the age pension
- Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) withholding
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Dividend imputation
- Fringe benefits tax
- Capital gains and capital losses
- Taxation for minors
ADFP 4 – Practice Management
- Marketing fundamentals
- Software and client relationship management systems
- Practice management principles applied to insurance
- Tips and traps of implementing insurance policies
- Deciding on an investment philosophy
- Core and satellite approach to investing
- Blending managers
- Using platforms in a practice
- Different types of debt
- Debt management strategies
- Margin lending
- Debt recycling
- Client file requirements
- Provision of advice
Various course schedules (streams) are available, including:
|Face to face workshops||Day-time stream||8 day classes|
|Face to face workshops||Evening stream||16 evening classes|
|Distance (Self-Paced) learning with
telephone and online support
|Distance stream||Up to 52 weeks|
|Customised training solutions for small, medium and large companies.|
Face-to-face workshops^: are conducted in a classroom environment enabling you to learn efficiently within a structured and engaging format. The workshops allow you to interact and network with other students under the guidance of industry professionals who “bring the course to life” and provide a “real world” perspective.
Distance (Self-Paced) learning: allows you to start a course when and where it is convenient for you to study. Distance learning is particularly popular with stay-at-home parents, full time employees, or anyone seeking maximum flexibility. You will be well supported throughout your course by Monarch’s dedicated distance education support team, available both over the phone and online.
Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning – Detailed Pricing
You can choose to enrol in the FULL Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning or alternatively you can enrol in just individual units (see prices below). There are substantial savings when enrolling in the Full Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning.
|Advanced Diploma units||Distance (self paced)
|Face to Face
|ADFP1 Advanced Investments||$475||$950 – 2 days|
|ADFP2 Estate Planning||$475||$950 – 2 days|
|ADFP3 Social Security & Taxation Planning||$475||$950 – 2 days|
|ADFP4 Practice Management||$475||$950 – 2 days|
Enrol in the FULL Advanced Diploma and save!!
|$1,650 – we price match!||$3,100 – 8 days – we price match!|
|HUGE SAVINGS||Quality education, now more affordable||Quality education, now more affordable|
^All students studying at Monarch Institute are regarded as undertaking a course or qualification by distance education. Students may also choose to attend optional workshops which are facilitated by a recognised industry expert (‘facilitator’), in this instance a Financial Planning Professional. All Monarch facilitators are nationally recognised trainers and assessors under the Australian Quality and Training Framework (AQTF). To successfully complete the Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning, pre-reading, attendance at optional workshops (if applicable), self-study and post-workshop assessments is required. For further information, refer to Monarch Institute’s Student Information Guide.
Various locations are available for Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning training, including:
- Face-to-Face workshops – CBD training held nationwide
- Your Office – Monarch Institute provides onsite training for group instruction.
- Distance Learning
Monarch Institute’s Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning and Diploma in Financial Planning are Government accredited. It has National recognition under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) meaning it can be used as a pathway to a university qualification, nationwide. The course is ASIC compliant, having been approved by ASIC authorised assessors as meeting ASIC Policy Statement 146 (known as RG146) and is listed on the ASIC Training Register at: http://asic.gov.au/eTraining/eTrain.nsf
Monarch has carefully structured its assessments t to include a variety of formats which will enhance your understanding:
- Case studies
- Multiple choice
- Short answer questions
- Role plays
Some of our students include senior para-planners, business development managers, corporate advisers, financial advisers, financial planning managers as well as students who hold other qualifications (e.g. a Bachelor degree)….and the list goes on!
The financial services industry employs over 700,000 workers in Australia (source: IBSA) so completing the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning qualification can propel both a financial adviser’s career, but also other people’s careers within the financial services industry ‘value chain’. There are many careers within banks, fund managers, investment platform providers, investment research houses, superannuation funds, stock brokers, credit unions, accounting practices, financial planning practices, mortgage broking businesses, insurance firms, business brokers and real estate agencies, for which an Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning would add substantial credibility and skill.
- Speaking to fellow students (and others) already working in the industry, to understand the areas currently in demand.
- Research current vacancies and remuneration levels on career websites such as www.seek.com.au and www.mycareer.com.au
- Inquire about professional membership to industry associations. There are often discounts for students so enquire at:
Monarch Institute recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history and attributes them to your Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification.
Advisers and students with foreign qualifications are required by ASIC to undertake courses on the ASIC training register to familiarise themselves with Australian regulatory requirements. For information on RPL, go to Monarch Institute Student Information Guide.
Request a callback
RG146 Compliant - yes we are!
Govt funding - we price match.
- Self paced, online
- Do it when it suits you
- No hidden costs
- Phone support
- Interactive learning
- Experienced trainers
- No hidden costs
Why is everyone doing their course with us?
- Your materials have been written by successful industry professionals.
- Both your workshop and online/distance trainers are industry experts.
- Your trainers have won many awards and prizes in recognition for teaching excellence.
- No exams. You complete the assessments online, and in your own time.
- The notes make sense! They’re very easy to follow.
- Student satisfaction is our number one goal!
- No hidden costs