(Partial completion of FNS50615)
RG146 Compliant Life Insurance & Risk Management
What does this course involve?
This course delivers the knowledge and skills required to provide RG 146 compliant Life Insurance and Risk Management advice (ie. both general AND personal advice).
Students select this course for a number of reasons. Some wish to become Life Insurance Advisers or involved in Risk Management. Some may need to upgrade their existing qualifications to be RG146 compliant, while others seek to improve their career prospects within the life insurance industry. And of course you might want to continue and complete the full Diploma of Financial Planning with us. Call us today on 1300 738 955 and one of our friendly staff will chat about your specific requirements with you.
This is an ASIC accredited course that covers:
DFP 1 - Foundations of Financial Planning
- Fundamentals of the Australian economy
- Financial markets & participants
- Regulatory environment
- Australian licensing framework
- Establishing client relationships
- Identifying client goals and objectives
- Analysing client risk profile
- Developing financial planning strategies
- Presenting strategies to clients
- Implementation of strategies
- Client review process
- Code of ethics
- Introduction to taxation
- Introduction to social security
- Estate planning fundamentals
- Economic fundamentals
- Risk management within a financial services office
DFP 4 – Insurance & Risk Management
- The relationship between risk and insurance
- The basic characteristics of insurance
- General insurance
- Different types of insurance contracts
- Term life insurance
- Total and permanent disability insurance
- Critical illness (trauma) insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Taxation and personal insurance
- Identifying a client’s insurance needs
Engaging content. Amazing support.
Online Study or Workshops Online Study (Self-Paced)
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Videos and Webinars
- Telephone Support from our Accredited Trainers
- Email Support from our Accredited Trainers
- Online Assessments
- Online Student Forums
Workshops (Face-to-face)^ Online Study Support PLUS
- Workshop contact days: 4 days
- Facilitated by expert industry qualified trainers
^ Please note, the 4-day workshop time-frame is in addition to the Online study support available to all students. It is not indicative of the total course duration. Please refer to the ‘duration’ tab (below) for more information.
Online vs workshops
Online Learning – any time, any place, with maximum flexibility
Online learning allows you to start a course when and where it is convenient for you to study. It is particularly popular with stay-at-home parents, full time employees, or anyone seeking maximum flexibility because you can choose the pace you study (fast or slow).
You are very well supported throughout your course. A dedicated Online education support team allows you to discuss your course work on a one-on-one basis with a specialist Financial Planning Trainer. Your Financial Planning Trainer is happy to contact you via phone, Skype, or email between Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm as you progress through the course, so you definitely won’t feel alone. You also have access to Online discussion forums via Monarch’s state-of-the-art learning management system providing access to an online learning community of fellow students.
Please CLICK HERE for more information about studying Online with Monarch.
Face-to-Face workshops – CBD training nationwide
We offer intimate ‘small class room’ training (i.e. no more than 15 students per trainer) at our state-of-the-art training facilities just minutes from the CBD in all major States. All training materials are included in our prices.
Workshop interest varies across locations and times of the year. We would be pleased to record your interest in any of our face-to-face courses and will let you know as soon as the course is confirmed to proceed.
Monarch Institute provides onsite training for group instruction (minimum 6 staff). Please call us or email us, if you represent a company or organisation with more than 6 staff that require face-to-face workshops conducted at your office.
The RG146 Life Insurance Adviser course provides you with the ability to deliver BOTH general and personal life insurance advice. You can choose to enrol in this course via distance or face-to-face workshops.
RG146 Life Insurance Adviser Course Online (self paced)
Face to Face
DFP1 Foundations of Financial Planning $525 $1,000 DFP4 Insurance & Risk Management $525 $1,000 FULL Course Price
Enrol in the FULL Course and save!!
^All students studying at Monarch Institute are regarded as undertaking a course or qualification by Online education. Students may choose to attend optional workshops which are facilitated by a recognised industry expert (‘facilitator’), in this instance a Financial Planning Professional. All Monarch facilitators are nationally recognised trainers and assessors under the Australian Quality Framework (AQF). To successfully complete the RG146 Life Insurance Adviser Course, pre-reading, attendance at optional workshops (if applicable), self-study and post-workshop assessments is required. For further information, refer to Monarch Institute’s Student Information Guide.
Is there a maximum course completion time?
Yes – you have up to 1 year to complete the qualification, and many complete it in less time.
We find our students complete the RG146 Life Insurance & Risk Management course in varying time frames. It really does depend on your life situation, and time availability. There is also a requirement that you complete each module within 6 months (i.e. 2 modules times 6 months = 1 year maximum).
Is there a minimum course completion time?
No – there is no minimum course time-frame.
Students can complete the qualification as quickly as they choose.
What is the average course completion time-frame?
Volume of learning: We have found students that are genuinely motivated to progress through the course are able to complete the full course in 5-7 months. Other students take up to 1 year. The key factors that influence course completion is a student’s experience, time availability and work rate.
Monarch has carefully structured its financial services assessments to include a variety of formats which will enhance your understanding:
- Case studies
- Multiple choice
- Short answer questions
- Workplace scenarios
Check your English and Maths ability by CLICKING HERE
Life Insurance is a rapidly growing area of advice within the financial services industry. Any person who provides Life Insurance advice must have an industry specific accreditation (known as RG146 certification).
Career opportunities include positions in banks, insurance companies, accounting and financial planning practices, both large and small.
What job roles exist?
- Financial planner/adviser
- Associate financial planner/adviser (i.e. a junior)
- Financial Planning practice manager
- Compliance officer at a financial planning firm/AFSL
- Call center adviser for an Insurance provider
- Back-office insurance operations officer
Will previous study and experience count?
Monarch Institute recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history, attributing this to your RG146 Insurance course. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification. More information can be found in Monarch’s Student Information Guide.
Future education pathways
Completion of this RG146 Compliant Insurance course means you have automatically completed the requirements for 50% of the Diploma of Financial Planning. You only have to complete 2 additional modules in order to receive the full Diploma of Financial Planning.
Hear why people choose Monarch
- Our students discuss why they chose a financial planning career
- Hear insight from experts about the financial planning industry
- Hear from our students about their learning experience
- Discover why Online learning is fantastic
- Hear what it takes to be successful in the financial planning industry
- Experts explain career opportunities in Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Our students discuss why they chose a financial planning career
- Natalie explains how she started her Bookkeeping business
- Simon explains how the Diploma of Accounting works
- Chris explains his small business journey
- Fleur explains her success in building a furniture business
- Jay shares his experience starting an Online business from home
- David explains why Logistics is such a big industry