Monarch Institute1300 738 955 or firstname.lastname@example.org
RG146 Compliant Life Insurance
(Partial completion of FNS50611)
What does this course involve?
This course delivers the knowledge and skills required to provide RG 146 compliant Life Insurance advice (ie. both general AND personal advice).
Students select this course for a number of reasons. Some wish to become Life Insurance Advisers or involved in Risk Management. Some may need to upgrade their existing qualifications to be RG146 compliant, while others seek to improve their career prospects within the life insurance industry. And of course you might want to continue and complete the full Diploma of Financial Planning with us. Call us today on 1300 738 955 and one of our friendly staff will chat about your specific requirements with you.
This is an ASIC accredited course that covers:
DFP 1 - Foundations of Financial Planning
- Fundamentals of the Australian economy
- Financial markets & participants
- Regulatory environment
- Australian licensing framework
- Establishing client relationships
- Identifying client goals and objectives
- Analysing client risk profile
- Developing financial planning strategies
- Presenting strategies to clients
- Implementation of strategies
- Client review process
- Code of ethics
- Introduction to taxation
- Introduction to social security
- Estate planning fundamentals
- Risk management within a financial services office
DFP 4 – Insurance & Risk Management
- The relationship between risk and insurance
- The basic characteristics of insurance
- General insurance
- Different types of insurance contracts
- Term life insurance
- Total and permanent disability insurance
- Critical illness (trauma) insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Taxation and personal insurance
- Identifying a client’s insurance needs
Various course schedules (streams) are available, including:
|Face to face workshops||Day-time stream||8 day classes|
|Face to face workshops||Evening stream||16 evening classes|
|Distance (Self-Paced) learning with
telephone and online support
|Distance stream||Up to 52 weeks|
|Customised training solutions for small, medium and large companies.|
Face-to-face workshops^: are conducted in a classroom environment enabling you to learn efficiently within a structured and engaging format. The workshops allow you to interact and network with other students under the guidance of industry professionals who “bring the course to life” and provide a “real world” perspective.
Distance (Self-Paced) learning: allows you to start a course when and where it is convenient for you to study. Distance learning is particularly popular with stay-at-home parents, full time employees, or anyone seeking maximum flexibility. You will be well supported throughout your course by Monarch’s dedicated distance education support team, available both over the phone and online.
The Life Insurance Adviser course provides you with the ability to deliver BOTH general and personal life insurance advice. You can choose to enrol in this course via distance or face-to-face workshops.
|RG146 Life Insurance Adviser Course||Distance (self paced)
|Face to Face
|DFP1 Foundations of Financial Planning||$475||$950 – 2 days|
|DFP4 Insurance & Risk Management||$475||$950 – 2 days|
|FULL Course Price
Enrol in the FULL Course and save!!
|$895||$1,650 – 4 days|
^All students studying at Monarch Institute are regarded as undertaking a course or qualification by distance education. Students may choose to attend optional workshops which are facilitated by a recognised industry expert (‘facilitator’), in this instance a Financial Planning Professional. All Monarch facilitators are nationally recognised trainers and assessors under the Australian Quality and Training Framework (AQTF). To successfully complete the RG146 Life Insurance Adviser Course, pre-reading, attendance at optional workshops (if applicable), self-study and post-workshop assessments is required. For further information, refer to Monarch Institute’s Student Information Guide.
Various locations are available, including:
- Face-to-Face workshops – CBD training held nationwide
- Your Office – Monarch Institute provides onsite training for group instruction.
- Distance Learning
Monarch Institute’s Diploma of Financial Planning is Government accredited. It also has National recognition, meaning it can be used as a pathway to a university qualification, nationwide.
This course is ASIC compliant. It is listed on the ASIC Training Register found at: http://asic.gov.au/eTraining/eTrain.nsf
Yes, if you’re eligible.
Go to our Government Funding page to see if you are eligible for a Government subsidy.
“Securing Jobs for the Future” is a Victorian State Government initiative. Through this program, Monarch Institute has submitted it’s application for Government Funding for 2012 for the Diploma of Financial Planning (FNS50611) and the Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning (FNS60410). This funding will only available to Victorian based Registered Training Organisations. The training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. We are hoping that it will be available to students within the next 4-6 weeks.
Monarch has carefully structured its assessments to include a variety of formats which will enhance your understanding:
- Case studies
- Multiple choice
- Short answer questions
- Role plays
Life Insurance is a rapidly growing area of advice within the financial services industry. Any person who provides Life Insurance advice must have an industry specific accreditation (known as RG146 certification).
Career opportunities include positions in banks, insurance companies, accounting and financial planning practices, both large and small.
Completion of this RG146 Compliant Life Insurance course means you have automatically completed the requirements for 50% of the Diploma of Financial Planning. You only have to complete 2 additional modules in order to receive the full Diploma of Financial Planning.
- Speaking to fellow students (and others) already working in the industry, to understand the areas currently in demand.
- Research current vacancies and remuneration levels on career websites such as www.seek.com.au and www.mycareer.com.au
- Inquire about professional membership to industry associations. There are often discounts for students so enquire at:
Monarch Institute recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification.
Advisers and students with foreign qualifications are required by ASIC to undertake courses on the ASIC training register to familiarise themselves with Australian regulatory requirements.
Request a callback
Government funding coming soon
workshop or distance learning - it's your choice!
- Self paced, online
- Do it when it suits you
- No hidden costs
- Phone support
- Interactive learning
- Experienced trainers
- No hidden costs
Why is everyone doing their course with us?
- Your materials have been written by successful industry professionals.
- Both your workshop and online/distance trainers are industry experts.
- Your trainers have won many awards and prizes in recognition for teaching excellence.
- No exams. You complete the assessments online, and in your own time.
- The notes make sense! They’re very easy to follow.
- Student satisfaction is our number one goal!
- No hidden costs