Skills First Victorian Government Funding
Whether you are eligible or not, we offer competitive prices to everyone across Australia. If you’re wondering how you’ll fund the next step forward in your career, check out our handy weekly payment option, or get in touch with one of our course consultants today.
Victorian Government funding
Monarch Institute delivers training with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding, under the Skills First program. The funding only applies for eligible Victorian students. The funding is not a loan; unlike other government funding, like HELP loans, you won’t have to pay it back.
If you are unemployed or 17 – 24 years old, you may be eligible for the Victorian Job Trainer program. Click here to check if you are eligible. Job Trainer is available for the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, the Diploma of Accounting and the Advanced Diploma of Accounting.
- FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- BSB42618 Certificate IV in New Small Business
- FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
- BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication
- FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting
- BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- TLI50415 Diploma of Logistics
- FNS50315 Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management
- BSB50618 Diploma of Human Resources Management
- BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
- FNS50417 Diploma of Payroll Services
It is recommended that you are able to commit to 10 hours of study per week in order to successfully complete these qualifications.
Fees for government funded courses
If you’re eligible, once the government has chipped in, there’s not much more for you to pay. Fees are:
$975 – Certificate IV qualifications, Diploma qualifications, and Advanced Diploma qualifications.
$195 – Certificate IV Qualifications only. (please refer below for concession fee eligibility).
Concessions on tuition fees for government-subsidised training places are available for:
- Commonwealth Health Care Card holders, their dependant children and dependant spouses.
- Pensioner Concession Card holders, their dependant children and dependant spouses
- Veteran’s Gold Card holders (but not their dependents)
- Indigenous persons*
The concession rate is 20% of Monarch Institute’s published standard enrolment fee for applicants who meet the government-subsidised funding criteria.
*Please note, for indigenous students only, the concession rate applies to all course levels (Certificate IV – Advanced Diploma).
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
Please refer to Monarch’s Student Information Handbook for information on our Fees, Charges and Refund Policy and our Complaints and Appeals Policy and information on all student services and amenities. You can also see our Online Service Standards.
Fees for assessment:
RPL – $275 per module
Fees for additional training:
- Diploma of Accounting students may choose to include the Tax Agent Certification module – $1300
- Talk to one of our course consultants to find out more.
You must meet all three criteria below:
Are you a citizen or permanent resident?
To be eligible you must be either:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident (PR) i.e. holder of a permanent visa
- a New Zealand citizen (i.e. visa sub-class 444)
Will you be physically present in the State of Victoria at all times during the course?
Are you upskilling*?
That is, are you seeking to enrol in a nationally recognised qualification that is at a higher level than the highest qualification you have previously completed?
Mary is an Australian citizen, lives in Victoria and has already completed a Certificate IV qualification from an Australian TAFE. Therefore, she is not eligible to study a government subsidised Certificate IV qualification or lower.
She is eligible to study a Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification.
*Note, for people under 20 years of age, this restriction does not apply. If Mary was under 20, she would be eligible to study any Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma course.
Please note: age is your age as at 1st January in the year in which you are starting the course.
Certification of documents
Monarch Institute staff can verify your documents online or if you prefer you can certify your documents. Click here to find out where to get your documents certified.
CLICK HERE for Victorian Government Funding Eligibility Form
Other important points
- You can commence a maximum of two government subsidised courses in one year.
- You can commence a maximum of two government subsidised courses at the same level within the AQF (for example two Diploma level qualifications) in your lifetime.
- You can undertake a maximum of two government subsidised courses through the Skills First Program at any one time.
- If you’re already enrolled in a course that’s scheduled to commence later in the year, this course counts towards your annual/lifetime total.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Foundation courses (ESL, General Education, VCAL etc.) and VET courses completed at school may not count as your highest completed qualification.
- Vocational Graduate Certificates and Vocational Graduate Diplomas are considered to be at a higher level than a Bachelor degree.
- Prisoners, people on remand, and mental health inpatients are not eligible for the Skills First Program.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a school (including home schooling) are not eligible for the Skills First Program.
- Please note that accessing this funding could impact access to further government subsidised training.
Tuition fee exemptions
Tuition fee exemptions (i.e. nothing to pay out of pocket) may be available for:
- those under the Young People Transitioning from Care initiative (must present a referral from with enrolment)
- young people on non-custodial community based orders (must present a letter confirming status from the Youth Justice Unit of the Department of Human Services with your enrolment)
- prisoners from the Judy Lazarus Transition Centre only (must present a letter confirming status from Centre management with your enrolment)
Experiencing severe financial hardship? Get in touch with Monarch on 1300 738 955 to make an appointment with our course consultants to further discuss your tuition fee options.